My New Caledonia
Bringing travelers and locals together
New Caledonia is the unknown island in the South Pacific. It was time to put it on the map and show its beautiful islands to the world. MyNewCaledonia was born: a free online travel guide created by a New Caledonian girl with love. We encourage travellers and locals to contribute to the website through the use of Instagram and specific hashtags.
- Website Design & Development
- SSL Certificate
- Social Media Management (Instagram)
WHAT WE DID
- Custom website app design and development
- Reactive, responsive and mobile-friendly design
- Custom admin pages to manage content, contributors and view analytics
- Custom website analytics (Segment.io) in addition to Google Analytics
- Interactive map integration
- Integration of Instagram photos
- Online marketing strategy with a focus on Instagram
- Keywords, influencers & hashtag research for maximum impact
- Daily Instagram account management
Since the launch of the website in September 2015:
- Already over 4,000 photos shared using #MyNewCaledonia
- +400 contributors from all over the world
- In September 2015 My New Caledonia was selected to represent New Caledonia in France. Only 100 content creators were shortlisted across France to participate in “Jaime La France” advertising campaign, organised by We Like Travel agency. My New Caledonia was exhibited in front of +800 travel agencies and directors.
- In May 2016, @MyNewCaledonia became the #1 Instagram account of New Caledonia
As of December 2015:
- Lead generation through Instagram
- +3500 Instagram followers within a year (February 2016: +5,100, April 2016: +6,200, July: +7,300)
- Between 5-10 leads per month (potential travellers sending email enquiries)
- Campaign created: #MyNewCaledonia
- Content shared by major companies like Flight Center Australia, Wotif, Escape Travel Australia, The Most Beautiful Beaches in the World, New Caledonia Tourism, New Caledonia Tourism Japan, Yahoo 7 Channel, Sheraton Deva Resort, Le Meridien Hotels (in New Caledonia), Dreamboarding, 30_summer (Escape Ordinary account).
When arriving on MyNewCaledonia.co visitors will be welcomed by a beautiful, raw video of the Isle of Pines, known as the jewel of the South Pacific.
THE TRAVEL GUIDE PAGE
The Travel Guide page includes an interactive map of New Caledonia. There are strategic locations on the Mainland and the most popular islands. People can click on a location to find out more about activities and things to do at this location, and to see travellers’ and locals’ photos. Travellers and locals can contribute to the Travel Guide by using specific hashtags when they post on Instagram (like #MyNewCaledonia) to feature on the website.
WHEN YOU CLICK ON A PHOTO FOR MORE DETAILS
People can read the caption, share the photo on Facebook, Twitter or send via email. People can also click on the username to go to the contributor’s Instagram gallery.
WHAT THE TRAVEL GUIDE LOOKS LIKE ON A MOBILE PHONE
MyNewCaledonia is responsive. This means the interface of the website adapts to the device used by the visitor. As you can see below, the Travel Guide looks more like an app than a website. The secondary menu now sits at the bottom of the screen (“Explore the island”, “See from Above” and “Dive and Snorkel”). The tertiary menu items now are icons visitors can click on to view photos, videos, top things to do and activities.
CUSTOM ADMIN SECTION
We have also built a custom admin section that is email and password protected. Essentially, we have developed a custom content management system (CMS) for MyNewCaledonia. The administrator can manage the images shared by contributors (remove and restore images) and block some users from contributing to the Travel Guide page.
The administrator can also add and manage videos, activities, “top things to do” pages and posts. We can also see who are the top MyNewCaledonia contributors and view the images that each one of them shared.
The CMS also allows the administrator to perform search engine optimisation for each page.
We have also built a backup system for all the content of the web app.
Instagram is the primary social media platform for MyNewCaledonia. As of April 2016, MyNewCaledonia is the number one account representing the country, before the official tourism body. Instagram drives most of the traffic to the website, engagement and leads. We manage the gallery everyday. We believe in organic and authentic relationships with our followers. Just like friends in our lives, it is about quality not quantity.
Do you have a project? Let's work together.